Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh will take stock of the security situation at the border at a meeting of the Uniform Command Headquarters and visit forward areas during his two-day visit to Jammu and Kashmir beginning tomorrow.
This will be Singh’s first visit to Jammu and Kashmir after taking over as Union Home Minister. During his visit, Singh will also hold talks with state officials and review the prospect of return and rehabilitation of displaced Kashmiri Pandits. He will also visit the migrant township at Jagti.
“Singh is scheduled to commence his two day visit to Jammu and Kashmir from Friday”, Divisional Commissioner of Jammu, Shant Manu said today.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
He is scheduled to visit border belts in Jammu and review the border situation in the wake of ceasefire violations by Pakistan. Singh will later fly to Kashmir, where he is scheduled to visit forward areas and hold the Uniform Command Headquarters meeting to review state’s security situation, Manu said.
Rajnath will visit forward areas along the International Border (IB) besides some Border Out Posts (BOPs) of BSF in RS Pura and Arnia sectors, where he would be shown the anti-infiltration grid and operational preparedness of troops along the borderline.
He will also visit some zero-line border hamlets and will see the damage caused to civilian property during the recent shelling by Pakistani troops besides meeting the border dwellers. He is schedule to review the border situation with top BSF officers led by DG BSF D K Pathak besides top Ministry of Home Affairs at Octerio Border Out Post (BoP).
In Srinagar, the Home Minister will chair the Unified Command Headquarters meeting to review the security and border situation and security preparedness for the forthcoming Assembly elections.
A separate meeting will be chaired by him with top state officials along with the Chief Minister to discuss the return and rehabilitation of three lakh displaced Kashmiri Pandits to the Valley and creation of a conducive environment for them. He is scheduled to visit a post of BSF in Gurez sector along LoC in Kashmir. He will also hold a meeting with Governor NN Vohra and Chief Minister Omar Abdullah.
The Home Minister will be accompanied by Minister of State in the Prime Minister’s Office Jitendra Singh, Union Home Secretary Anil Goswami, Secretary MHA (Border Management) Sneh Lata, DG BSF DK Pathak and other senior officials of MHA and Intelligence agencies.