Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh will take stock of the security situation at the border at a meeting of the Uniform Command Headquarters and visit forward areas during his two-day visit to Jammu and Kashmir beginning tomorrow.
This will be Singh’s first visit to Jammu and Kashmir after taking over as Union Home Minister. During his visit, Singh will also hold talks with state officials and review the prospect of return and rehabilitation of displaced Kashmiri Pandits. He will also visit the migrant township at Jagti.
“Singh is scheduled to commence his two day visit to Jammu and Kashmir from Friday”, Divisional Commissioner of Jammu, Shant Manu said today.
He is scheduled to visit border belts in Jammu and review the border situation in the wake of ceasefire violations by Pakistan. Singh will later fly to Kashmir, where he is scheduled to visit forward areas and hold the Uniform Command Headquarters meeting to review state’s security situation, Manu said.
Rajnath will visit forward areas along the International Border (IB) besides some Border Out Posts (BOPs) of BSF in RS Pura and Arnia sectors, where he would be shown the anti-infiltration grid and operational preparedness of troops along the borderline.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
He will also visit some zero-line border hamlets and will see the damage caused to civilian property during the recent shelling by Pakistani troops besides meeting the border dwellers. He is schedule to review the border situation with top BSF officers led by DG BSF D K Pathak besides top Ministry of Home Affairs at Octerio Border Out Post (BoP).
In Srinagar, the Home Minister will chair the Unified Command Headquarters meeting to review the security and border situation and security preparedness for the forthcoming Assembly elections.
A separate meeting will be chaired by him with top state officials along with the Chief Minister to discuss the return and rehabilitation of three lakh displaced Kashmiri Pandits to the Valley and creation of a conducive environment for them. He is scheduled to visit a post of BSF in Gurez sector along LoC in Kashmir. He will also hold a meeting with Governor NN Vohra and Chief Minister Omar Abdullah.
The Home Minister will be accompanied by Minister of State in the Prime Minister’s Office Jitendra Singh, Union Home Secretary Anil Goswami, Secretary MHA (Border Management) Sneh Lata, DG BSF DK Pathak and other senior officials of MHA and Intelligence agencies.