Home Minister Rajnath Singh will visit Nepal on September 18 and 19 to attend the SAARC Home Ministers’ conference, during which he is likely to have a separate meeting with his Pakistani counterpart Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan.
During the visit, apart from attending the SAARC Home/Interior Ministers’ meet, Singh will have bilateral meetings with his counterparts of other SAARC member countries.
The Home Minister is also likely to have a separate meeting with Nepal Deputy Prime Minister, who is also country’s Home Minister, Bamdev Gautam, besides others on the sidelines of the SAARC convention, official sources said.
Singh will be accompanied by Union Home Secretary Anil Goswami and several other senior officers of the Home Ministry.
In the spirit of 17th SAARC Summit held in Male, Maldives, member States had declared their commitment to rooting out terrorism, taking into account its linkages with illegal trafficking in narcotic drugs, psychotropic substances and small arms and to make coordinated and concerted efforts to combat terrorism.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The forthcoming meeting will focus on these issues.
The three-tier meeting will begin at the joint secretary-level and then move on to secretary and home minister-level meetings.
The meeting will also focus on strengthening networking among police authorities of SAARC member countries and also enhance information sharing among law enforcement agencies.