Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Sunday met Prime Minister Narendra Modi and briefed him about the situation in violence-hit Saharanpur and students’ protests against UPSC syllabus and the steps being taken by the Centre on both the issues.
During the 30-minute discussion, Singh briefed Modi about the situation in the Western Uttar Pradesh town and the action being taken to maintain peace in the state, sources said.
The Home Minister informed the Prime Minister that he has been personally monitoring the situation and has already spoken to Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav and asked him (Yadav) to take all possible steps to control the violence. The Home Ministry has already sent 600 paramilitary personnel to assist the state government in maintaining the law and order.
Three persons were killed on Saturday and 19 others, including policemen, injured in the clashes between two communities over a land dispute after which curfew was clamped and shoot-at-sight ordered in the town.
On the UPSC issue, sources said, the Home Minister informed the Prime Minister that he had held a meeting with Finance Minister Arun Jaitley, Minister of State for Personnel Jitendra Singh and reviewed the situation arising out of the students protests. Singh briefed Modi about the possible steps that could be taken to resolve the issue. The students have been demanding change in syllabus of civil services preliminary exam and postponement of the test scheduled for August 24.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched