Tuesday, Sep 23, 2014

Rajnath rubbishes burning of files

Express News Service | New Delhi | Posted: July 12, 2014 12:05 am

In a statement in the Rajya Sabha on Friday, Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh denied that 1.5 lakh files, including those relating to Mahatma Gandhi’s assassination, had been burnt by his ministry.

Some files, he said had be-en disposed of as a part of a clean-up exercise mandated by the Cabinet Secretariat and 14,000 files were cleared. No-ne of them, he said, pertained to either the assassination of Gandhi or concerned Rajendra Prasad, Lal Bahadur Shastri or Lord Mountbatten as alleged in the House.“All files and exhibits related to the assassination of Mahatma Gandhi are in the National Archives,” Singh added.

  Previous Story
Out and About
Next Story  
Ragas in the Rain
comments powered by Disqus
Featured ad: Discount Shopping
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 988 other followers