Voicing concern over killing of a RSS activist in Kannur, Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Tuesday asked Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy to take strict action to stop political killings in the state.
Singh telephoned Chandy following murder of E Manoj and discussed with him the killings of political and social activists in Kerala.
“The Home Minister has expressed concern over the murder of social activist Manoj and asked the Kerala Chief Minister to take strict action to stop such political killings,” a Home Ministry official said.
The Chief Minister conveyed to the Home Minister that a team of high level officials have rushed to the spot to probe into the incident.
Chandy also assured Singh that he would convene an all-party meet to discuss the issue of political killings in Kerala.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Manoj was killed when an unidentified gang attacked him in politically-volatile Kannur district yesterday.
The RSS activist was waylaid on a road by the gang which threw a country-made bomb at him and then hacked him to death before fleeing from the area, police said.
RSS-BJP leaders alleged that the CPI(M) was behind the killing and gave a call for a dawn-to-dusk hartal in the state