The University of Rajasthan will be holding its convocation after a gap of 25 years on July 7 during which about 20 lakh degrees will be distributed. Rajasthan’s Governor and Chancellor of state universities Kalyan Singh will distribute degrees, medals and certificates to the toppers at the function, the university’s acting Vice-Chancellor Hanuman Singh Bhati said today.
- Policeman makes short films to spread awareness on crimes
- Army official kills colleague, shoots self
- Top Hizbul militant killed in Uri encounter
- For his teenaged teammates, Vinicius Junior remains an ‘inspiration’
- Delhi HC dismisses Honeypreet 3-week anticipatory bail plea
- Vinicius Junior, the Brazilian wonderkid who can be the tournament showstopper
According to university officials, the varsity has not had its convocation since 1990 due to a number of technical and official reasons.
RU’s administrative secretary B S Shekhawat said the convocation on July 7 was made possible due to serious initiatives taken by the state Governor who gave the university a deadline to organise the event. 53 nodal centres have been set up to distribute degrees to qualifying students and scholars, he said.