Four persons, including son of a state minister, have been booked for allegedly eve-teasing girls in Alwar district, police said on Thursday.
A case was registered against Surendra Bhadana, son of Rajasthan MoS for Food & Civil Supply and Consumer Affairs, Hem Singh Bhadana, and his three friends Montu, Sumit and Neeraj in Sadar police station on Wednesday, police said.
An FIR was filed following complaints by locals of a residential complex that the four were teasing girls there, they said adding, one of the accused, Neeraj, has been arrested.
The case has been registered under sections 354 (assault or criminal force to woman with intent to outrage her modesty and 509 (word, gesture or act intended to insult modesty of a woman) of the Indian Penal Code, police said.
Meanwhile, the locals have accused police of shielding the minister’s son and met the SP last night to demand arrest the other three accused too, they said.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
One of the complainants, Ajay Jain, alleged that some of the local youths led by the minister’s son pass indecent comments and indulge in objectionable behaviour in the locality.
“We are recording statements of the complainants and others would be arrested if they are involved,” SP Alwar Vikas Kumar said on Thursday.
One of the police officials also informed that CCTV footage was examined but it was not clear enough to identity faces.
The minister was not available for comment.