The Rajasthan Government has suspended IAS officer B B Mohanty in the alleged rape and exploitation case of a 23-year-old girl.
Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje took the decision to suspend Mohanty, Chairman of Rajasthan Civil Services Appellate Tribunal, Tuesday night after receiving the report on the matter from the police department, a CMO spokesman said on Wednesday.
Mohanty was earlier summoned by the DCP-South police to appear before them for questioning on Wednesday, sources said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
On Monday last, police team had searched his house but did not find him there.
The victim, a MBA student, had charged Mohanty, an Additional Chief Secretary rank officer, with sexually exploiting her. She has also recorded her statement before a magistrate earlier.
The victim had demanded a CBI probe into the case following alleged delay in investigation and arrest of accused by the police.
A case of sexual exploitation and rape was lodged by the victim with the Mahesh Nagar Police Station on January 25, and since then Mohanty has been missing from home and office.