The Rajasthan Government has suspended IAS officer B B Mohanty in the alleged rape and exploitation case of a 23-year-old girl.
Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje took the decision to suspend Mohanty, Chairman of Rajasthan Civil Services Appellate Tribunal, Tuesday night after receiving the report on the matter from the police department, a CMO spokesman said on Wednesday.
Mohanty was earlier summoned by the DCP-South police to appear before them for questioning on Wednesday, sources said.
On Monday last, police team had searched his house but did not find him there.
The victim, a MBA student, had charged Mohanty, an Additional Chief Secretary rank officer, with sexually exploiting her. She has also recorded her statement before a magistrate earlier.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The victim had demanded a CBI probe into the case following alleged delay in investigation and arrest of accused by the police.
A case of sexual exploitation and rape was lodged by the victim with the Mahesh Nagar Police Station on January 25, and since then Mohanty has been missing from home and office.