Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje on Thursday stopped her motorcade and attended to three motorcycle riders injured in an accident while she was passing by the spot at Lalgarh-Jatan, 13 kms from Sriganganagar.
Two of the injured, however, later died in hospital. The three bikers were critically injured when they were hit by a van of a private news channel.
According to a CMO official, Raje alighted from her vehicle and, after taking stock of the situation, directed officials accompanying her to rush the injured to a nearby hospital.
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
Stopped by to help accident victims’ precious life – unfortunate we have forgotten to respect human lives !
— Vasundhara Raje (@VasundharaBJP) June 26, 2014
The Chief Minister called up state Medical and Health Minister Rajendra Rathore and asked him to make quick arrangements for the injured.
Union Minister of State for Chemical and Fertiliser Nihalchand and Sadulshahar MLA Gurjant Singh accompanied the victims to the hospital on the direction of the Chief Minister.
Later, two of the injured — Abdul Haneef (52) and Lala (20) succumbed to their injuries at the government hospital, police said, adding that the third person, Papu, was undergoing treatment.
The accident occurred around 12 PM when the bikers were moving from Lalgarh to Sriganganagar and were hit by the van in front of Gate No. 4 of military cantonment area near Sriganganagar, police said