Encouraged by the success of a premium AC-special train between Delhi and Mumbai, Railways have decided to run 17 more such trains on busy routes and explore the possibility of running semi-high speed trains between 160-200 kmph to Chandigarh and Agra from here.
The premium train to Mumbai, to handle the extra rush during Christmas and New Year, had fetched an increased earning of about 48 per cent as compared to Mumbai Rajdhani, as the fares were charged under dynamic fare mechanism scheme much like airlines. “Such dynamic pricing was widely appreciated by users and media and gave increased earnings of about 48 per cent as compared to Rajdhani services on the same sector. We are considering operation of this scheme on a larger scale,” Railway Minister Mallikarjun Kharge said in his Interim Budget speech 2014-15.
He announced 17 such premium trains from different parts of the country, which are considered high density routes. The Minister said there are seasonal and occasion-specific instances when demand for travel by certain train goes up and passengers, on such occasions, should be prepared to pay more to undertake journey.
Most of these train are weekly or bi-weekly and would run on routes such as Howrah-Pune, Howrah-Mumbai, Kamakhya-Chennai, Mumbai-Patna, Nizamuddin-Madgaon, Sealdah-Jodhpur, Ahmedabad-Delhi Sarai Rohilla and Trivandrum-Bangalore. Some premium trains have also been introduced to Katra and rail connectivity to the holy town is expected to be commissioned soon.
The Minister announced 39 new express trains, 10 passenger trains, four MEMU and three DMU trains. He also announced a semi-high speed project, with trains running at 160-200 kmph on existing routes such as Delhi-Agra and Delhi-Chandigarh.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More