On the eve of Rail Budget, the Railway Ministry on Monday launched its official Twitter account and Facebook page in a bid to disseminate information quickly.
“Tomorrow we are going to present the Rail Budget. As soon as the budget is presented, all information will appear on Twitter and Facebook,” Railway Minister Sadananda Gowda said here after the launch.
He said the initiative will give a new boost to the Ministry in reaching out to the people.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Besides, the national transporter will also have its presence on YouTube.
From tomorrow onwards, one can see the all information on the social networking site, he said.
Gowda said it was Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s idea that each and every person should be IT-enabled.
Focusing on IT initiatives, Railways will also launch a new number — 022-4501555 — on Tuesday where people can dial in and hear the Budget.
Besides railways enquiry number — 139 — will also become toll free soon and all these are slated to be announced in the Rail Budget.
Asked whether the NDA’s maiden Rail Budget will be pro-people, Gowda said, “Which ever government whether BJP, Congress or Communist, it has to be a pro-people budget.”
Chairman Railway Board Arunendra Kumar said Indian Railways is at the fore front of technology.
“The new initiative of social media will add to its technology development,” he said.
These accounts can also be accessed through the Railway Ministry website – http://www.indianrailways.gov.in. These accounts will remain activated from Tuesday.