On the eve of Rail Budget, the Railway Ministry on Monday launched its official Twitter account and Facebook page in a bid to disseminate information quickly.
“Tomorrow we are going to present the Rail Budget. As soon as the budget is presented, all information will appear on Twitter and Facebook,” Railway Minister Sadananda Gowda said here after the launch.
He said the initiative will give a new boost to the Ministry in reaching out to the people.
Besides, the national transporter will also have its presence on YouTube.
From tomorrow onwards, one can see the all information on the social networking site, he said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Gowda said it was Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s idea that each and every person should be IT-enabled.
Focusing on IT initiatives, Railways will also launch a new number — 022-4501555 — on Tuesday where people can dial in and hear the Budget.
Besides railways enquiry number — 139 — will also become toll free soon and all these are slated to be announced in the Rail Budget.
Asked whether the NDA’s maiden Rail Budget will be pro-people, Gowda said, “Which ever government whether BJP, Congress or Communist, it has to be a pro-people budget.”
Chairman Railway Board Arunendra Kumar said Indian Railways is at the fore front of technology.
“The new initiative of social media will add to its technology development,” he said.
These accounts can also be accessed through the Railway Ministry website – http://www.indianrailways.gov.in. These accounts will remain activated from Tuesday.