Railway Minister D V Sadananda Gowda’s son Karthik Gowda was on Thursday facing arrest after he was booked by the Bangalore Police on charges of rape and cheating following a complaint by a Kannada actress he had been courting for the past four months. The actress has accused 28-year-old Karthik of marrying and dumping her after his family objected to their relationship.
The 27-year-old actress filed her complaint hours after Karthik, the only son of the Railway Minister, got engaged to a girl of his mother Datty Gowda’s choice in Kodagu district of Karnataka on Wednesday afternoon.
On Thursday, at a press conference, the actress made an appeal to Prime Minister Narendra Modi to come to her assistance. “I have serious respect for the Prime Minister and I want to appeal to him to help me,” she said.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Since the filing of the police complaint late Wednesday night at the RT Nagar police station, the actress and her family members have said that the Railway Minister’s son was keen to marry her but all such plans were doused by his family a week ago.
“We were introduced to each other on May 8 by a mutual friend and we became close friends. We met frequently and partied together.
He was keen on a physical relationship but I said that it would be inappropriate outside of marriage. He promised to marry me,” the actress alleged.
She said Karthik took her to his family home in Mangalore in June this year and tied a thread around her neck on June 5 signifying a marriage. He introduced her to his friends as his wife, she claimed.
Her elder sister alleged that Karthik would often visit their home to drop or pick the actress. “She told us they were in a serious relationship and were going to get married after he convinces his family. He told her that they would agree to his wishes since he was the only son. He had been stalling on informing his parents, claiming his father was very busy. About a week ago, he took her to meet his mother and things changed. He abruptly stopped taking her calls,” the sister alleged.
According to the actress and her family, they received a shock on Wednesday when they learned that Karthik was getting engaged to a businessman’s daughter from Kodagu district where Sadananda Gowda’s wife also hails from.
Karthik, who has been photographed several times at night spots partying with the actress, has on his part claimed that he was not involved in any relationship. “Why would I spoil my father’s reputation — it was only office and home for me,” he claimed. The allegations against him were only an attempt to malign his father, he claimed.
The Railway Minister has stated that he does not know the actress and claimed a political conspiracy to malign him.
Chief Minister Siddaramaiah, when asked for his comments on the complaint against the Railway Minister’s son, said, “The law will take its course.”
The actress denied her complaint against the BJP leader’s son had anything to do with her association with the ruling Congress in the state. “It is true that I was associated with the Congress party but this has nothing to do with politics. I am deeply hurt by the way I have been treated. He did not even inform me about his engagement to another girl,” she said.