An enquiry by Railways’ safety wing into the May 1 low-intensity bomb blast on Bangalore-Guwahati Express at the Chennai Central Railway station, which killed a woman passenger, has concluded that it was an act of “sabotage”.
“A statutory enquiry by the Commissioner of Railway Safety into the recent bomb blast in Chennai Central Railway station in Bangalore-Guwahati Express has revealed that the blast was a sabotage”, an official release said here on Friday.
One woman was killed and 14 others injured in the incident.
According to provisional findings by Satish Kumar Mittal, Commissioner of Railway Safety, Southern Circle, Bangalore, the blast occurred due to explosive material being kept in the coaches and detonated by some unidentified persons.
The accident is classified under the category “Sabotage”. These findings are under the consideration of the government, the release said.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
The Tamil Nadu CB-CID wing is probing into the blasts.