Showing its humanitarian face, the Railways stopped a long-distance train at a station to help a pregnant passenger who suddenly went into labour.
Directed by the control room, the speeding Ajmer-Kishanganj Garib Nawaz Express made an unscheduled halt late Wednesday night at Dighwara station under Sonepur division of East Central Railway
A doctor and a nurse waiting at the platform quickly took the woman to a primary health centre where she delivered a baby girl. “The decision to stop the train at Dighwara was taken on humanitarian ground,” Senior Divisional Commercial Manager (DCM), Sonepur, B N P Verma said.
Earlier, the guard had drawn attention of the control room at Sonepur that the passenger was experiencing intense labour pain and needed urgent help.
Verma said, the control room got the track cleared so that the train could reached Dighwara sooner. A doctor and a nurse were arranged to be at the station to rush her to a primary health centre.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“Due to timely action, she safely delivered a healthy girl child at the health centre,” the Senior DCM said. Hailing from Kisanganj, the woman passenger Navroz Begum and her husband Anzar Alam had boarded the train from Ajmer.