In its maiden Rail Budget on Tuesday, the NDA government is likely to announce the launch of a new concept for the business traveller — “Office on Wheels”.
According to sources, the Railways Ministry is planning to set up cabins equipped with computers, printers, internet and refreshments in a few coaches of select trains — mainly Shatabdis and some medium-distance AC Express trains — on a pilot basis to provide work-related amenities for corporates on the move.
“This dedicated space would offer business travellers all the facilities they require to perform their official tasks,” said a source. The department is expected to charge a substantial amount, over and above the fare, from those who opt for the “Office on Wheels” facility.
Sources said the Railways has already identified several routes which see a high number of business travellers. “ We feel there will be enough takers for this concept, even if they have to pay extra,” said a Railways official.
Another announcement that Railways Minister D V Sadananda Gowda may make is the setting-up of a suburban railway network in Bangalore. With the passenger fares being increased a few days back, the Rail Budget is expected to present a stable financial position. “The focus will be on mopping up revenues and meeting financial targets,” said a source.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016