In its maiden Rail Budget on Tuesday, the NDA government is likely to announce the launch of a new concept for the business traveller — “Office on Wheels”.
According to sources, the Railways Ministry is planning to set up cabins equipped with computers, printers, internet and refreshments in a few coaches of select trains — mainly Shatabdis and some medium-distance AC Express trains — on a pilot basis to provide work-related amenities for corporates on the move.
“This dedicated space would offer business travellers all the facilities they require to perform their official tasks,” said a source. The department is expected to charge a substantial amount, over and above the fare, from those who opt for the “Office on Wheels” facility.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Sources said the Railways has already identified several routes which see a high number of business travellers. “ We feel there will be enough takers for this concept, even if they have to pay extra,” said a Railways official.
Another announcement that Railways Minister D V Sadananda Gowda may make is the setting-up of a suburban railway network in Bangalore. With the passenger fares being increased a few days back, the Rail Budget is expected to present a stable financial position. “The focus will be on mopping up revenues and meeting financial targets,” said a source.