Javed Abidi, Neelam Jolly and Syamala G from the Disabled Rights Group (DRG) met with Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi on Saturday over the new Rights of Disabled Persons Bill, expected to be tabled in the coming session of Parliament.
Rahul assured the delegation of his support to ensure that the Bill is not just tabled, but also passed along with the amendments drafted by disability activists.
“We are pretty reassured now, after this meeting,” DRG convener Javed Abidi said. “Rahulji promised us that he would personally talk to Law Minister Kapil Sibal so that the anamolies that have crept into the draft Bill are removed, about which the sector has been agitated,” Abidi added.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations