BJP Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi might be the undisputed most searched political leader online, surpassing his presumed rivals Rahul Gandhi and Arvind Kejriwal, but Congress vice president was a clear winner when it came to people searching for the age of the three stalwarts online.
Search trends of internet giant Google revealed that among the three political leaders, Rahul Gandhi’s age was the most searched in the last one year. The trend, according to Google, could be because the Gandhi scion has been projected as a ‘youth’ leader.
Click here for the search trends
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Search data analysis sourced from Google trends between February 2013 and February 2014, showed searches for Rahul’s age was more than that of Modi or Kejriwal.
The data also revealed that the searches for Rahul’s age was highest during the period January 26 and February 1, 2014 and from Delhi followed by Maharashtra.
This was the time when Gandhi scion’s first formal interview was aired on a TV news channel, a decade after he entered politics.
Interestingly, Gandhi’s interview continued to drive search trends while for Modi, the interest has been more around his rallies and speeches.
According to the Google trends, the searches for Rahul’s age has been consistent throughout the year even as netizens started searching for former Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal’s age only after his stunning debut in Delhi Assembly elections.
Google analytics showed that while search volumes of Rahul’s age between February and June 2013 ranged from 24 to 62, searches in terms of Modi’s age had lower scores between 0 and 20
Also, Rahul Gandhi remained the top searched among the youth brigade of politics, while his sister Priyanka Gandhi Vadra was at number third position, said the Google search trends.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav found the number two slot for the searches related to youth brigade of politics.