- French figure skater Gabriella Papadakis suffers 'nightmare' wardrobe malfunction during Winter Olympics performance
- From sandalwood powder to fuller's earth: Effective home remedies to get rid of skin blemishes
- Manohar Parrikar could be sent to US for treatment; Goa Budget to be presented by Sudin Dhavalikar
A day after they surrendered, a local court in Limdi town of Surendranagar district sent six persons accused of hacking a murder accused to death in police custody for six days on Tuesday.
Giriraj Vaghela, Kripalsinh Zala, Paresh Dabhi, Salim Pathan, Rajdeep Zala and Arjun Zala–all residents of Limdi, had surrendered before a court in Limdi at 4 pm on Monday. Later on, Limdi police had arrested the six in connection with the alleged murder of Raghuvirsinh alias Raghu Jadeja on the night of May 12.
- Priest held for ‘molesting’ three boys in Surat
- Chandan Gupta murder case: Another accused surrenders in court
- Murder of Hoshiarpur man: Accused surrenders
- Targeted killings: One sent to 4-day police remand in connection with murder of Dera followers
- Murder accused hacked to death in Surendrangar
- Dissatisfied patient assaults doctor in Jamnagar; held
The police produced the arrested men before the court on Tuesday seeking their remand for 10 days. However, the court granted remand for six days or till May 25.
“The arrested men are not opening their mouth at all. They are telling us where they had been hiding after committing the murder. They are also not telling us where they have hidden five swords and a firearm used to kill Jadeja,” Limdi police sub-inspector (PSI) Babubha Zala said.
Raghu Jadeja was prime accused in alleged murder of Bhupi Rana, also a strong man of Limdi in year 2010. He was arrested subsequently and lodged in a jail in Surendranagar. However, he was releases from jail after Gujarat High Court granted him interim bail for a month on May 12. Later that evening, Jadeja was hacked to death by eight men when he was sitting with his friend Nirav Kapuria in Sukalpa street of Limdi. Kapuria was also shot at and sustained a bullet wound in his thigh but he survived.
In his complaint, Kapuria had named the six now-arrested men and two others, Dipal Jadeja and Jayvirsinh Zala as accused. Kapuria also alleged in his complaint that Jadeja was murdered to exact revenge of Bhupi Rana’s murder.