Chief priest of the Kedarnath temple Bhimashankar Ling Sunday advised devotees planning to visit the shrine to put their plans on hold for at least a week as it could be “risky”.
Citing the poor condition of the road leading to the shrine, the chief priest (Rawal) said undertaking the arduous journey could be “risky at present but hoped things will soon be okay as the snow melts and work on Linchauli to Kedarnath pedestrian route paces up”.
“The slopes on Linchauli to Kedarnath route are too steep which can cause problems to the old. Snow is still there in the area. The soil is wet. It will take at least 7-8 days more for the road leading to the shrine to be complete. So, I would advise pilgrims to not undertake the journey to Kedarnath for at least a week,” the chief priest told PTI from Ukhimath on phone.
Though the state government is working overtime to repair and construct the roads everything is not quite in place as of now, he said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
There are no mule operators to be found in the area this year as in the past. Only facilities made available by the state government are there.
Meanwhile, Kedarnath yatra was halted Sunday following fresh snowfall at the shrine and adjoining areas. “The entire Kedar valley received fresh snowfall since early this morning bringing the pilgrimage to a halt,” Rudraprayag SP Barinderjit Singh told PTI.
The devotees have been asked to stay in Sonprayag and wait for the weather to clear up when the pilgrimage may be resumed, he said.