A Pune developer close to NCP chief Sharad Pawar has emerged as a surprise candidate for the February 7 polls for seven RS seats in Maharashtra.
Sanjay Kakade, who has studied till class VII, filed his nomination papers as an Independent in Mumbai Wednesday.
In his affidavit, Kakade has declared assets worth Rs 485 crore, which includes a liability of Rs 294 crore. In the financial year 2012-13, he paid an income tax of Rs 91 lakh while his spouse Rs 1.02 crore.
In Maharashtra, every candidate will require support of 37 votes. Most MLAs cast their votes on party lines in the RS polls, which are held through open ballots. Kakade, who enjoys the support of 17 Independent MLAs, will have to mobilise 18 more MLAs from other parties in the state.
The NCP, which has 62 MLAs, is fielding party president Sharad Pawar and lawyer Majid Menon for two seats.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
The Congress and BJP have not taken a formal decision on candidates. While MPCC chief Manikrao Thakre said AICC would announce the candidates in a few days, the BJP will take a decision on the lone Rajya Sabha candidate in its parliamentary board meeting in Delhi on January 25. Shiv Sena may field Rajkumar Dhoot as its candidate.