A Pune developer close to NCP chief Sharad Pawar has emerged as a surprise candidate for the February 7 polls for seven RS seats in Maharashtra.
Sanjay Kakade, who has studied till class VII, filed his nomination papers as an Independent in Mumbai Wednesday.
In his affidavit, Kakade has declared assets worth Rs 485 crore, which includes a liability of Rs 294 crore. In the financial year 2012-13, he paid an income tax of Rs 91 lakh while his spouse Rs 1.02 crore.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
In Maharashtra, every candidate will require support of 37 votes. Most MLAs cast their votes on party lines in the RS polls, which are held through open ballots. Kakade, who enjoys the support of 17 Independent MLAs, will have to mobilise 18 more MLAs from other parties in the state.
The NCP, which has 62 MLAs, is fielding party president Sharad Pawar and lawyer Majid Menon for two seats.
The Congress and BJP have not taken a formal decision on candidates. While MPCC chief Manikrao Thakre said AICC would announce the candidates in a few days, the BJP will take a decision on the lone Rajya Sabha candidate in its parliamentary board meeting in Delhi on January 25. Shiv Sena may field Rajkumar Dhoot as its candidate.