Over 1000 bars and pubs will join the Community against drunken driving (CADD) to address the rising problems of drunk driving on roads and to prevent it on the occasion of ‘National Don’t Drink and Drive Day’ on Wednesday.
“Since several public health causes are observed on special days to draw the attention of the masses as well as the administration, it has become extremely important to observe this day.
“With over 90,000 road accident deaths in our country because of drunken driving, it is important to observe a special day to remind the masses to practice responsibility and choose not to drink and drive as drunk driving is 100 per cent preventable if we as a community practice to drive sober,” said Prince Singhal, activist and founder CADD Community against drunken driving.
To mark the occasion over 1000 bars, pubs and cab service providers will join CADD and take simple measures as providing complimentary non–alcoholic beverages to customers and assisting an intoxicated guest with a cabs and drivers. There will be schemes and discounts for the day for customers who come in with designated drivers or otherwise and social media would be used to promote the idea.
“An accident occurs every 1 minute and a death every 3.7 minutes but still road accidents and fatalities have never grabbed national attention, while 2,000 lives lost annually in terrorist acts is a national issue.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
“In the last decade over one million people have been killed in road accidents and over five million have been seriously injured or permanently disabled in India. 70 per cent of these deaths are caused due to drunk driving which is a premeditated crime and the driver does and should have knowledge that their act can cause death,” said Singhal.