Over 1000 bars and pubs will join the Community against drunken driving (CADD) to address the rising problems of drunk driving on roads and to prevent it on the occasion of ‘National Don’t Drink and Drive Day’ on Wednesday.
“Since several public health causes are observed on special days to draw the attention of the masses as well as the administration, it has become extremely important to observe this day.
“With over 90,000 road accident deaths in our country because of drunken driving, it is important to observe a special day to remind the masses to practice responsibility and choose not to drink and drive as drunk driving is 100 per cent preventable if we as a community practice to drive sober,” said Prince Singhal, activist and founder CADD Community against drunken driving.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
To mark the occasion over 1000 bars, pubs and cab service providers will join CADD and take simple measures as providing complimentary non–alcoholic beverages to customers and assisting an intoxicated guest with a cabs and drivers. There will be schemes and discounts for the day for customers who come in with designated drivers or otherwise and social media would be used to promote the idea.
“An accident occurs every 1 minute and a death every 3.7 minutes but still road accidents and fatalities have never grabbed national attention, while 2,000 lives lost annually in terrorist acts is a national issue.
“In the last decade over one million people have been killed in road accidents and over five million have been seriously injured or permanently disabled in India. 70 per cent of these deaths are caused due to drunk driving which is a premeditated crime and the driver does and should have knowledge that their act can cause death,” said Singhal.