A day after Army claimed to have killed seven unidentified militants at Dardpora forests, massive protests erupted in North Kashmir’s Lalpora area in support of the demand for bodies. More than ten civilians including a few journalists were also injured after police used lathicharge and tear smoke shells to disperse the protestors. Two of the injured villagers are stated to be in critical condition.
The villagers alleged that Army had killed the seven men in a fake encounter that took place in the forest area on Monday.
People took to the streets and held protests outside Lalpora police station. Angry villagers also pelted stones at the police station after police refused to handover bodies of the slain militants to them. The protestors later set bunkers and the main gate of the police station on fire.
Thereafter, the protesting villagers took control of the dead bodies that were lying in the premises of the police station. Locals said that efforts are on to identify the bodies.
On Monday evening, the Army had claimed to have killed seven militants after launching an operation in Dardpora forests in Kupwara area. Army said that bodies were handed over to police for identification.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More