Scores of protesters led by Aam Aadmi Party workers on Monday staged a protest at Delhi Jal Board’s office in Greater Kailash area and later blocked traffic at the nearby Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) carriageway causing traffic jams on major arterial roads in South Delhi.
The protest started at around 11:00 AM at Delhi Jal Board’s office when around 500 to 600 demonstrators reached there to demand proper water supply in several unauthorised colonies in south Delhi like Sangam Vihar and surrounding areas.
The protesters soon disrupted traffic on the BRT corridor which was close to the DJB office.
Following the protest, commercial vehicles coming from Chirag Delhi crossing and Moolchand flyover/crossing were diverted on Outer Ring Road and Ring Road while the light motor vehicles from Moolchand Crossing toward Chirag Delhi were diverted toward Andrews Ganj and Kendriya Vidyalaya, Andrews Ganj by the traffic police.
Light vehicles coming from Siri Fort BRT crossing were diverted toward Greater Kailash and Siri Fort road and they were not allowed to ply on BRT toward DJB office.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
The blockade finally ended around 4 PM only after senior DJB officials assured the protesters of looking into their demands and police persuaded them not to obstruct the road.