Protests broke out in north Kashmir after police allegedly opened fire on a group of protesters at Naidkhai, killing school student and injuring two others.
Officials said soon after the Friday prayers, a group of youth started protesting at Naidkhai Sonawari in Bandipore district. Locals claimed that jawans of 8th Battalion of Indian Reserve Police opened fire on the protesters that left three protesters injured. They were taken to sub-district hospital in Pattan where Farhat Ahmad Dar, a Class X student, was announced brought dead. Two others were being treated.
Locals said that IRP personnel, guarding the house of Higher Education Minister Akbar Lone, were involved in the firing incident. Though CRPF men were also present in the vicinity, the force denied that its involvement in the incident. As news about the student’s death spread, protests broke out at Naidkhai Sonawari and its adjacent villages. The protesters alleged the youth was killed by the police without any provocation.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
A police spokesperson, however, said a mob attacked a security force vehicle and to disperse the agitators the security personnel fired in air.