Protests broke out in north Kashmir after police allegedly opened fire on a group of protesters at Naidkhai, killing school student and injuring two others.
Officials said soon after the Friday prayers, a group of youth started protesting at Naidkhai Sonawari in Bandipore district. Locals claimed that jawans of 8th Battalion of Indian Reserve Police opened fire on the protesters that left three protesters injured. They were taken to sub-district hospital in Pattan where Farhat Ahmad Dar, a Class X student, was announced brought dead. Two others were being treated.
Locals said that IRP personnel, guarding the house of Higher Education Minister Akbar Lone, were involved in the firing incident. Though CRPF men were also present in the vicinity, the force denied that its involvement in the incident. As news about the student’s death spread, protests broke out at Naidkhai Sonawari and its adjacent villages. The protesters alleged the youth was killed by the police without any provocation.
A police spokesperson, however, said a mob attacked a security force vehicle and to disperse the agitators the security personnel fired in air.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More