Scotching speculation about assuming a larger role in the party and campaigning for the upcoming Lok Sabha elections, the Congress
Monday made it clear that Priyanka Gandhi Vadra will campaign only in Rae Bareli and Amethi — the Lok Sabha constituencies of Congress chief Sonia Gandhi and vice-president Rahul Gandhi.
Sources said she will, however, coordinate and monitor the nation-wide tour programmes of her mother and brother. “She will campaign only in Rae Bareli and Amethi,” AICC General Secretary and chairman of its communication department Ajay Maken said. She had been looking after these two constituencies. Party sources said that while she will not assume a larger role, it was “natural” that Priyanka would coordinate campaign tours of her brother and mother.
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
Her presence at a meeting of top Congress leaders at Rahul’s residence last week in his absence had triggered speculation that she is set to play a more active role in the party at a time when the chips are down. Sonia Gandhi’s political secretary Ahmed Patel, Union Minister Jairam Ramesh, AICC general secretaries Janardan Dwivedi and Ajay Maken and party ideologue Mohan Gopal were present at that meeting.