In his first visit to Tamil Nadu after becoming Prime Minister, Narendra Modi will make a brief visit to Sriharikota to witness the launch of ISRO’s PSLV C-23 rocket.
Modi has no official engagements in the city even as state BJP sources said they have not planned any function for the leader at the airport so far.
Security has been beefed up at the airport in view of Modi’s visit, police said.
The Prime Minister’s special aircraft from New Delhi is expected to land here at around 3.55 pm after which he is scheduled to reach Sriharikota by a helicopter following a brief stopover here. Four helicopters have been stationed here for use by the Prime Minister and his entourage, police said.
The indigenous PSLV-C23 rocket, carrying satellites of France, Germany, Canada and Singapore, will be launched from Satish Dhawan Space Centre (SHAR) in Sriharikota.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest