Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday condoled deaths due to gas leakage at Bhilai Steel Plant and assured Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh of all help for rescue and relief operations.
“The Prime Minister, Narendra Modi, spoke to Dr Raman Singh, Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh this morning, and assured him of all necessary assistance for rescue and relief operations, and treatment for those affected by the gas leak incident at the Bhilai Steel Plant,” an official statement said here.
Last evening, due to leakage of poisonous carbon monoxide gas from the blast furnace, 36 employees of the Bhilai Steel Plant got affected of which six died.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“The Prime Minister offered his condolences to the family members of those who lost their lives in the accident,” the statement said.
Modi also spoke to the Home Minister Rajnath Singh and directed that the Centre to coordinate with the State Government’s relief operations at the plant and to ensure that all possible assistance is offered to those affected by the incident, the statement said.
Bhilai is one of the five integrated steel plants of the Steel Authority of India Ltd.
SAIL said in a statement that of the affected, 21 employees were released from the Jawaharlal Nehru Hospital in Bhilai after first aid and necessary treatment. The remaining nine are still admitted in the hospital for observation and medical treatment.
Meanwhile, a company official said casualties are unlikely to go beyond the six people who lost their lives because all the injured are out of danger.