President Pranab Mukherjee will be arriving here on a two-day visit tomorrow during which he will attend a convocation at Jammu University, being held after a gap of seven years, and inaugurate facilities for pilgrims at Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine.
On his maiden visit to the winter capital of Jammu and Kashmir, the President will be chief guest tomorrow at the 14th convocation of Jammu University, where he will be addressing the students besides presenting Gold medals and Ph.D degrees to them.
The last convocation of the varsity was held on July 15, 2007, which was attended by the then Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
In total, 67 candidates who completed their Doctorates in the year 2013 in seven faculties shall be awarded Ph.D degrees and 68 candidates shall be awarded with the University Gold Medal and cash awards.
J-K Governor NN Vohra, Chancellor of the University, shall preside over the convocation where Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, who is also Pro-Chancellor of the varsity, will be the Guest of Honour.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The University will be organising a Special Convocation on September 16, at which the Ph.D degrees and Gold medals shall be awarded to candidates from the sessions 2006 to 2012.
The President will visit the Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine on Tuesday where he will inaugurate the ‘Shridhar Elevator’, a lift meant to carry mainly old and needy people from the main track straight to the Bhawan near the shrine.
The elevator bridges the gap of the final 127 steps to reach the shrine. It will be open to the general public from Wednesday.
The President will be taken in a battery car after ‘Darshan’ at the shrine to the newly constructed ‘Panchi Helipad’ near the Bhawan before his departure for Delhi on Tuesday.
Ahead of the VVIP visit, the Governor made a final review of the arrangements.