President Pranab Mukherjee on Tuesday said the country needed an effective deterrence through strong defence force which is essential for preserving peace in the march on the path of economic growth. “As a nation, we stand firmly committed to peace, stability and prosperity. But should a contingency arise, I am confident that our armed forces will valiantly rise to the occasion to meet all the security challenges,” he said while presenting the President’s Standard to 112 Helicopter Unit and Colours to 4 Base Repair Depot.
The resilience and tenacity displayed by the air warriors, he said, while undertaking operational commitments as well as during disaster relief contingencies is a great source of strength and also a matter of immense pride for the nation. Mukherjee said the award is in recognition of their outstanding performance over the years. He expressed confidence these units would continue to strive for excellence with professional zeal and serve the nation selflessly in the years to come.
He said the depot is handling the aeroengine maintenance support requirements for the Kiran trainer, MiG-27 and the Mirage aircraft fleet. “The fact that the depot has till date overhauled over 7650 aeroengines while maintaining an enviable safety record reflects the professional ethos of its air warriors,” he said. He also recalled the operational history of 112 Helicopter Unit and said it has served with distinction.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“Not only did it provide exceptional air support to our ground forces during the 1971 operations, but its brave air warriors have also consistently executed daring high altitude rescue as well as air maintenance missions in the eastern Himalayan sector,” he said.