President Pranab Mukherjee on Friday strongly condemned the terror attack on the Indian Consulate in Herat and said such attacks will not deter India from assisting Afghanistan in its effort to reconstruct and develop the nation.
Commending the bravery shown by all Indian and Afghan staff members at the Consulate, Mukherjee expressed gratitude to the Afghan security forces for quickly responding to the situation and coming to the assistance of the Consulate and ensuring the safety of staff and officers.
He asked the Ministry of External Affairs to remain in close touch with Afghan authorities to ensure the continued safety of Indian diplomatic personnel in the country.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“India will stand united and strong in defending its security and interests wherever they may be threatened,” Mukherjee said and called upon Indian security forces to remain alert and give a fitting response to any attempt to harm the country and people.
The President said such “terror attacks will not deter India’s efforts to assist the friendly people of Afghanistan in their efforts to reconstruct and develop their nation”.
Gunmen armed with heavy weapons including rocket propelled grenades on Friday attacked the Indian Consulate in Afghanistan’s Herat province during which three attackers were killed. All the diplomatic staff were safe.