Bollywood actress Preity Zinta, who has accused her former boyfriend and industrialist Ness Wadia of abuse and molestation, is likely to record her supplementary statement in connection with the case on Sunday, police said on Friday.
The 39-year-old actress had filed a police complaint on June 12 night alleging she was molested by Wadia (44) at Wankhede stadium on May 30 when an IPL match was played between Kings XI Punjab and Chennai Super Kings, a charge the industrialist has denied as “false and baseless”.
Zinta, according to her lawyer, is away in Los Angeles.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Meanwhile, a personal secretary to industrialist Nusli Wadia, Ness’ father, who had claimed to have received threatening calls and a text message from fugitive gangster Ravi Pujari, asking the Wadias to ‘keep off’ Zinta “or their business will be in trouble”, has identified Pujari’s voice.
“The secretary was called to the anti-extortion cell last evening to see if she recognises voices from our voice bank. She recognised Pujari’s voice as very similar to that of the person who made the threat calls,” an officer privy to the investigation told PTI.
Two personal secretaries to Nusli Wadia were said to have received five calls and a threatening text message from Pujari on Monday following which an FIR was registered and case handed over to the anti-extortion cell of the crime branch for probe.
The officer said two separate investigations are now in progress in connection with the matter involving Zinta and and the Wadias.
“While Marine Drive police is probing the case of alleged abuse and molestation filed by Zinta, the anti-extortion cell of crime branch is investigating the one related to the threat calls made by Pujari,” he said.
Police are trying to ascertain how the gangster, believed to be operating from Australia and south Asia, got hold of a phone whose number was traced to Iran, and how he got to know of the cell phone numbers of Wadia’s secretaries.
Police Commissioner Rakesh Maria had said on Wednesday the calls received by Wadia’s secretaries were “supposedly” made from Iran.
Following the threat calls and a text message from the underworld don, Mumbai police had on Wednesday deployed an armed contingent outside the Wadias’ corporate office Wadia International Centre at Lower Parel.
Meanwhile, a police official said one more witness was examined today in the matter.
“We have examined one more witness who was present at Garware pavilion (at the time of the alleged incident). A total of seven witnesses have been examined in the case so far,” he said.
Zinta is likely to reach India late night on Saturday, the officer said.