President Pranab Mukherjee will dedicate to the nation the first phase of the Rashtrapati Bhavan museum which will bring alive the history of Presidential Palace using animations, laser and holographic projections.
This will be inaugurated by the President at a function on July 25 to mark completion of his two years in office. The function will be presided by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
The two-year celebrations will end with a banquet being hosted for the Prime Minister, the Council of Ministers and senior officials on Friday.
A number of activities are being organized to mark this special occasion with the highlight being the dedication to the nation of the new museum.
The museum is being established in the erstwhile stable of the Rashtrapati Bhavan which had housed horses and ceremonial coaches. The museum will narrate the story of the Rashtrapati Bhavan using sound-light-video animations, laser and holographic projections and augmented reality.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
It has a simulated battlefield with arms mounted on warriors, examples of furniture designed by Sir Edwin Lutyens for the Viceroy’s residence, ceremonial coaches, photographs and memorabilia of the President’s Body Guard, paintings of the 19th Century, sketches and gifts received by successive Presidents from national and foreign dignitaries.
The activities to mark the function spread over two days also include inauguration of sixteen serviced apartments which will enable an expansion of Rashtrapati Bhavan’s in-residence programme for innovators, artists and writers.
The President will release three books — “Thoughts and Reflections’-a compilation of Quotes of the President, “Winged Wonders of Rashtrapati Bhavan” on the birds of the President’s Estate and “Indradhanush” on the cultural events organized in Rashtrapati Bhavan.
The President will inaugurate a bank and a post office in their new locations and inauguration of a fitness centre for the staff recreation club.
He will also inaugurate a knowledge hub and other facilities in Dr Rajendra Prasad Sarvodaya Vidyalaya within Rashtrapati Bhavan and launch of a new design for the President of India website and a video film on the important events of the second year of the Presidency.