President Pranab Mukherjee will dedicate to the nation the first phase of the Rashtrapati Bhavan museum which will bring alive the history of Presidential Palace using animations, laser and holographic projections.
This will be inaugurated by the President at a function on July 25 to mark completion of his two years in office. The function will be presided by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
The two-year celebrations will end with a banquet being hosted for the Prime Minister, the Council of Ministers and senior officials on Friday.
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
A number of activities are being organized to mark this special occasion with the highlight being the dedication to the nation of the new museum.
The museum is being established in the erstwhile stable of the Rashtrapati Bhavan which had housed horses and ceremonial coaches. The museum will narrate the story of the Rashtrapati Bhavan using sound-light-video animations, laser and holographic projections and augmented reality.
It has a simulated battlefield with arms mounted on warriors, examples of furniture designed by Sir Edwin Lutyens for the Viceroy’s residence, ceremonial coaches, photographs and memorabilia of the President’s Body Guard, paintings of the 19th Century, sketches and gifts received by successive Presidents from national and foreign dignitaries.
The activities to mark the function spread over two days also include inauguration of sixteen serviced apartments which will enable an expansion of Rashtrapati Bhavan’s in-residence programme for innovators, artists and writers.
The President will release three books — “Thoughts and Reflections’-a compilation of Quotes of the President, “Winged Wonders of Rashtrapati Bhavan” on the birds of the President’s Estate and “Indradhanush” on the cultural events organized in Rashtrapati Bhavan.
The President will inaugurate a bank and a post office in their new locations and inauguration of a fitness centre for the staff recreation club.
He will also inaugurate a knowledge hub and other facilities in Dr Rajendra Prasad Sarvodaya Vidyalaya within Rashtrapati Bhavan and launch of a new design for the President of India website and a video film on the important events of the second year of the Presidency.