Institutions like CAG and CVC may have drawn flak from the government which blamed them for policy paralysis but President Pranab Mukherjee on Sunday praised these bodies and the Election Commission for their impartiality and capacity to take decision with independence.
“The institutions of CAG, Election Commission, various statutory regulators, those established by an Act of the Parliament, at least I feel quiet happier today that their impartiality, judgement, assessment of situation, capacity to take decisions with complete independence has strengthened the Parliamentary institution,” Mukherjee said.
The UPA government has often accused institutions like Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG), Central Vigilance Commission (CVC) and CBI of precipitating “policy paralysis’ with their actions on issues like coal blocks and 2G spectrum allocation.
Speaking at the inaugural function for diamond jubilee celebrations of Indian Institute of Public Administration (IIPA) , the President stressed for “urgency in decision-making” to achieve a faster growth trajectory.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“But that does not imply that decisions have to be taken in haste or without adequate debate and discussion. It only implies that there should be no undue delay in decision-making and delivery of services,” he said.
The President said that democracy is the soul and the core of our nation-building.
“No meaningful growth or governance can be achieved without the preservation and nurturing of this basic grid of our polity. All the three structures of governance, the Legislature, Executive and Judiciary would need to continue
striving to strengthen the democratic foundation,” he said.
He emphasised on improving quality of public service through transparent governance to meet people’s increasing expectations.