CPI(M) General Secretary Prakash Karat on Tuesday met Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav to discuss the problems being faced by Muzaffarnagar riot victims in relief camps.
“I had come to discuss the problems of Muzaffarnagar riot victims…I have given some details to him (CM) and told him about the need for more relief to them (victims),” Karat told reporters after coming out from the CM’s residence here.
On being asked if there had been any discussion between the two on the formation of a third front,Karat said the topic never arose as he had come to meet the CM only to discuss the plight of riot-hit victims in relief camps.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Stating that his party had started preparation for Lok Sabha polls,Karat said non-BJP and non-Congress parties would certainly gain in the coming Loksabha polls.
Replying to a question on performance by Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) in Delhi,Karat said,”It shows that wherever people see non-BJP and non-Congress option,they will support it”.
About including AAP in the third front in future,the CPI(M) leader said,”They have won in Delhi only”. “It is certain that Congress is going to taste defeat in the coming Lok Sabha polls as there are strong regional parties in the country,” he added. CPI(M) leader Subhashani Ali accompanied Karat during his meeting with Chief minister.