CPI(M) General Secretary Prakash Karat on Tuesday met Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav to discuss the problems being faced by Muzaffarnagar riot victims in relief camps.
“I had come to discuss the problems of Muzaffarnagar riot victims…I have given some details to him (CM) and told him about the need for more relief to them (victims),” Karat told reporters after coming out from the CM’s residence here.
On being asked if there had been any discussion between the two on the formation of a third front,Karat said the topic never arose as he had come to meet the CM only to discuss the plight of riot-hit victims in relief camps.
Stating that his party had started preparation for Lok Sabha polls,Karat said non-BJP and non-Congress parties would certainly gain in the coming Loksabha polls.
Replying to a question on performance by Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) in Delhi,Karat said,”It shows that wherever people see non-BJP and non-Congress option,they will support it”.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
About including AAP in the third front in future,the CPI(M) leader said,”They have won in Delhi only”. “It is certain that Congress is going to taste defeat in the coming Lok Sabha polls as there are strong regional parties in the country,” he added. CPI(M) leader Subhashani Ali accompanied Karat during his meeting with Chief minister.