Three years after it took over the probe into the murder of RSS pracharak Sunil Joshi because the incident was believed to be linked to a larger saffron terror conspiracy, the NIA Tuesday filed a summary of the supplementary chargesheet citing sexual advances made by Joshi against Sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur as one of the reasons for his murder. It however did not elaborate on other reasons. The Indian Express had reported on August 17 that NIA has concluded it to be one of the reasons for his murder.
Joshi was an accused in the double-murder case of a Congress leader and his son and was living incognito in a desolate lane in Dewas town when he was shot dead by his own accomplices on December 29, 2007. The Dewas Police, which investigated the case for more than three years, had filed its chargesheet in February 2011.
Over last three years, the NIA had sought more time to probe the larger conspiracy but when it eventually filed the report Tuesday, the finding came close to the Dewas investigation, which had accused him of ill-treating other male accomplices and making advances towards Pragya Singh, who used to visit his hideout in Dewas.
The summary refers to the chargesheet filed by the Dewas Police which had said Joshi was making money in liquor business and posed a threat to others. The Dewas police had also talked of a business rivalry. The NIA report, however, says there was no evidence to suggest that the murder resulted from a larger conspiracy.
While Lokesh Sharma and Rajendra Chaudhary have been booked under Sections 302 and 120 (B) of IPC, Jitendra Sharma has been booked only for destruction of evidence. All three have been booked under the Arms Act. Though they were arrested by the NIA, the chargesheet has not named Balbir Singh and Dilip Jagtap.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
The special court adjourned the matter till September 2 when it will hear arguments about shifting the trial back to Dewas court.
Meanwhile, a relative of Sadhvi Pragya questioned the NIA’s charge. Bhagwanbhai claimed Pragya has already clarified that she used to call Joshi ‘Gurubhai’. He said she had also refuted the claim when Dewas Police had mentioned it.