Three years after it took over the probe into the murder of RSS pracharak Sunil Joshi because the incident was believed to be linked to a larger saffron terror conspiracy, the NIA Tuesday filed a summary of the supplementary chargesheet citing sexual advances made by Joshi against Sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur as one of the reasons for his murder. It however did not elaborate on other reasons. The Indian Express had reported on August 17 that NIA has concluded it to be one of the reasons for his murder.
Joshi was an accused in the double-murder case of a Congress leader and his son and was living incognito in a desolate lane in Dewas town when he was shot dead by his own accomplices on December 29, 2007. The Dewas Police, which investigated the case for more than three years, had filed its chargesheet in February 2011.
Over last three years, the NIA had sought more time to probe the larger conspiracy but when it eventually filed the report Tuesday, the finding came close to the Dewas investigation, which had accused him of ill-treating other male accomplices and making advances towards Pragya Singh, who used to visit his hideout in Dewas.
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
The summary refers to the chargesheet filed by the Dewas Police which had said Joshi was making money in liquor business and posed a threat to others. The Dewas police had also talked of a business rivalry. The NIA report, however, says there was no evidence to suggest that the murder resulted from a larger conspiracy.
While Lokesh Sharma and Rajendra Chaudhary have been booked under Sections 302 and 120 (B) of IPC, Jitendra Sharma has been booked only for destruction of evidence. All three have been booked under the Arms Act. Though they were arrested by the NIA, the chargesheet has not named Balbir Singh and Dilip Jagtap.
The special court adjourned the matter till September 2 when it will hear arguments about shifting the trial back to Dewas court.
Meanwhile, a relative of Sadhvi Pragya questioned the NIA’s charge. Bhagwanbhai claimed Pragya has already clarified that she used to call Joshi ‘Gurubhai’. He said she had also refuted the claim when Dewas Police had mentioned it.