Republic Day celebrations in Manipur on Sunday were marred by four powerful bomb explosions despite the strict security measures in view of the boycott call given by militant outfits.
No casualty was, however, reported in connection with the explosions, official sources said. Two bombs exploded in the capital complex near the deputy commissioner’s officer here when the march past was on at around 8.25 AM at the centrally located Kangla.
Governor V K Duggal and other dignitaries were present at the R-Day function. One of the explosions occurred at the VIP complex and the other at nearby Yaikul area, the sources said. The other two explosions were reported from Chingmeirong and Chingamakha on the outskirts of the city at around 11 AM. Bomb experts are checking for explosives that may have been planted by the militants, the sources said.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
Co-ordination committee of six major insurgent outfits has called for a boycott of the Republic Day celebrations in the state. The organisations are United National Liberation Front, Peoples Revolutionary Party of Kangleipak, Kanglei Yawol Kann Lup and Kangleipak Communist Party.