Republic Day celebrations in Manipur on Sunday were marred by four powerful bomb explosions despite the strict security measures in view of the boycott call given by militant outfits.
No casualty was, however, reported in connection with the explosions, official sources said. Two bombs exploded in the capital complex near the deputy commissioner’s officer here when the march past was on at around 8.25 AM at the centrally located Kangla.
Governor V K Duggal and other dignitaries were present at the R-Day function. One of the explosions occurred at the VIP complex and the other at nearby Yaikul area, the sources said. The other two explosions were reported from Chingmeirong and Chingamakha on the outskirts of the city at around 11 AM. Bomb experts are checking for explosives that may have been planted by the militants, the sources said.
Co-ordination committee of six major insurgent outfits has called for a boycott of the Republic Day celebrations in the state. The organisations are United National Liberation Front, Peoples Revolutionary Party of Kangleipak, Kanglei Yawol Kann Lup and Kangleipak Communist Party.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016