Republic Day celebrations in Manipur on Sunday were marred by four powerful bomb explosions despite the strict security measures in view of the boycott call given by militant outfits.
No casualty was, however, reported in connection with the explosions, official sources said. Two bombs exploded in the capital complex near the deputy commissioner’s officer here when the march past was on at around 8.25 AM at the centrally located Kangla.
Governor V K Duggal and other dignitaries were present at the R-Day function. One of the explosions occurred at the VIP complex and the other at nearby Yaikul area, the sources said. The other two explosions were reported from Chingmeirong and Chingamakha on the outskirts of the city at around 11 AM. Bomb experts are checking for explosives that may have been planted by the militants, the sources said.
Co-ordination committee of six major insurgent outfits has called for a boycott of the Republic Day celebrations in the state. The organisations are United National Liberation Front, Peoples Revolutionary Party of Kangleipak, Kanglei Yawol Kann Lup and Kangleipak Communist Party.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More