A sprawling bungalow on Motilal Nehru Place will be the abode of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh once he retires after the Lok Sabha elections.
The 3, Motilal Nehru Place type VIII bungalow, spread over 2.5 acres, was vacated by former Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit recently.The four-bedroom bungalow with well maintained lawns and office space meets the requirement of a former Prime Minister.
“Some work has to be undertaken at the bungalow before the VIP moves here and CPWD has been given the responsibility for it,” said a senior Urban Development Ministry official.
With the allotment of a Lutyen’s bungalow, Singh and his wife would be entitled to occupy the house for their lifetime. Singh, a Rajya Sabha MP, is currently staying at 7 Race Course Road, the official residence of the Prime Minister.
Dikshit has moved to a 2,000-sq ft, three-bedroom flat in Silver Arch apartment on Ferozeshah Road in central Delhi after vacating the Motilal Nehru Place bungalow.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched