A 22-year-old youth here was beaten to death by a mob for his alleged indecent behaviour with a girl, a week after a man was lynched and hanged in Dimpaur for allegedly raping a girl.
Jeetu, a shoe factory worker, allegedly exposed himself “indecently” when a girl from his neighbourhood was passing by, following which the girl complained about the incident to her family members, police said, adding, Jeetu was allegedly drunk when he misbehaved with the girl.
Upon being informed about the incident, an irate mob, including the brothers of the girl, beat Jeetu to death, police said.
- Delhi domestic help murder: ‘Kin had no phone, she couldn’t contact them’
- In Maharashtra’s Beed, 25-year-old ‘thrashed, paraded’ by family of minor girl he fled with
- Etah: 9-yr-old ‘raped’, murdered; man held
- Truck driver lynched in Mumbai for harassing woman, says police
- Man beaten to death for ‘raping’ eight-year-old girl
- Counselling for woman who ‘killed’ daughter in rage
An FIR has been registered against the two brothers of the girl, who own another shoe factory and are currently absconding, police said.
Both Jeetu’s and the girl’s families belong to Dalit community.
The girl’s family resides in the Tamoli Para area of Shahganj here.
Meanwhile, Jeetu’s family members tried to block the traffic by placing his body on the road and demanded action against the culprits.