The first session of (new) Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly began at 11.52 AM on Thursday.
Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu took oath first as member of the Legislative Assembly, followed by his Cabinet colleagues. Pro-tem Speaker Pativada Narayanaswamy Naidu administered the oath to newly-elected legislators. Earlier, Narayanaswamy was sworn-in by Governor E S L Narasimhan as pro-tem Speaker.
Today, 173 MLAs are expected to take oath in the House. There are two vacancies in the 175-member House. The House will elect the Speaker and Deputy Speaker on Friday. The Governor will address the joint sitting of the Legislative Council and the Legislative Assembly. The House will take up debate on motion of thanks to the Governor’s address on June 23 and 24.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations