Poll violence has so far claimed two lives in West Bengal and left 371 persons injured in 398 incidents, the Election Commission said today.
While one person had lost his life in Nadia district late last month, another died at Jalangi in Murshidabad district recently, Assistant CEO in West Bengal Amitjyoti Bhattacharya said here.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
He said in a state-wide drive against illegal arms and ammunition ahead of the Lok Sabha elections, 1,036 illegal arms and weapons and 2,740 cartridges were seized.
Bhattacharya said the list of seizures also included 202.9 kg of explosive material and 5,312 bombs. Four arms manufacturing units have also been sealed.
So far 48,104 non-bailable warrants have been executed with 25,052 NBW cases pending, he said adding the Excise department has so far seized 2.89 lakh litres of illicit liquor valued at Rs 2.31 crore.