Poll violence has so far claimed two lives in West Bengal and left 371 persons injured in 398 incidents, the Election Commission said today.
While one person had lost his life in Nadia district late last month, another died at Jalangi in Murshidabad district recently, Assistant CEO in West Bengal Amitjyoti Bhattacharya said here.
He said in a state-wide drive against illegal arms and ammunition ahead of the Lok Sabha elections, 1,036 illegal arms and weapons and 2,740 cartridges were seized.
Bhattacharya said the list of seizures also included 202.9 kg of explosive material and 5,312 bombs. Four arms manufacturing units have also been sealed.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
So far 48,104 non-bailable warrants have been executed with 25,052 NBW cases pending, he said adding the Excise department has so far seized 2.89 lakh litres of illicit liquor valued at Rs 2.31 crore.