More than 24 hours after a daring heist, in which around Rs 7.69 crore was robbed in busy Lajpat Nagar area in south Delhi, police is yet to make any headway in the case.
According to police sources, a two-pronged investigation is going on in the case.
Investigators are trying to zero in on the robbers to nab them and recover the money, the sources said.
They are also trying to find out the source of the huge amount of cash which was robbed on Tuesday. Police is also investigating hawala money trail in the case, they said.
The sources said Rajesh Kalra, whose name had also cropped up as a bookie in Hansie Cronje match fixing case, and his partner Gurgaon-based businessman Rahul Ahuja, to whom the cash belonged, are not showing “very keen” interest in the case.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
All the four employees, including Ahuja’s manager Rakesh Kumar, who were in the car at the time of the incident, are being questioned about the source of the money, they said.
In a daring daylight heist pulled off with clinical precision, unidentified armed men on Tuesday robbed five employees of a businessman of Rs 7.69 crore in south Delhi when they were driving to a bank to deposit the money.
The robbery, one of the biggest in the national capital in terms of money involved, was carried out in a matter of minutes.
Police had said around five to six armed men intercepted a Honda City car near Lajpat Nagar Metro station around 9 AM
and fled with the vehicle and Rs 7.69 crore cash.
The incident had taken place at 9:00 AM, when Rakesh Kumar, manager of businessman Ahuja, was going to Karol Bagh
along with three employees, identified as driver Subodh, Rajesh and Baijnath.
Ahuja is the business partner of Rajesh Kalra, a property dealer. Kumar and the other were travelling in Kalra’s car.
Kumar had told police that they had collected cash from Kalkaji and Greater Kailash to deposit in two separate bank
accounts in Karol Bagh.