The Bangalore city police have served notice to Karthik Gowda, son of Railways Minister D V Sadananda Gowda, in connection with the rape and cheating case registered against him based on the complaint lodged by a Kannada actress earlier this week.
S Ravi, Joint Commissioner of Police for Law and Order (west), who is supervising the case, said the RT Nagar police, who registered the case against Karthik, had served the notice on Friday, asking him to appear before the Investigation Officer for inquiry.
“We had served a notice to Karthik Gowda and he did not appear before the police for the investigation until Saturday evening. The case is going on the right track and it has not reached the stage of arrest,” Ravi said.
The RT Nagar police said that they have recorded the statement of the complainant. She also appeared before the 8th Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate court and gave her statement on Saturday.
Meanwhile, Karthik filed an anticipatory bail application before the city civil and session court through his advocate on Saturday. The petition was admitted and the court issued notice to the RT Nagar police. The hearing is slated for September 3.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More