The Bangalore city police have served notice to Karthik Gowda, son of Railways Minister D V Sadananda Gowda, in connection with the rape and cheating case registered against him based on the complaint lodged by a Kannada actress earlier this week.
S Ravi, Joint Commissioner of Police for Law and Order (west), who is supervising the case, said the RT Nagar police, who registered the case against Karthik, had served the notice on Friday, asking him to appear before the Investigation Officer for inquiry.
“We had served a notice to Karthik Gowda and he did not appear before the police for the investigation until Saturday evening. The case is going on the right track and it has not reached the stage of arrest,” Ravi said.
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
The RT Nagar police said that they have recorded the statement of the complainant. She also appeared before the 8th Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate court and gave her statement on Saturday.
Meanwhile, Karthik filed an anticipatory bail application before the city civil and session court through his advocate on Saturday. The petition was admitted and the court issued notice to the RT Nagar police. The hearing is slated for September 3.