An 88-year-old woman remained unattended for three days even as her only son’s body was found hanging in another room in the same house.
The incident was reported from Karukachal in Kottayam district on Wednesday.
Police said the local people of Kuthrappally near Karukachal in Kottayam went into the house after they were looking for the source of stench wafting in the area. The search took them to the house of the late Kutty Devasia, where his wife Ammini and son Babu, 48, were living.
Finding the house closed from inside, people informed the police, who broke open the house to see Ammini in an indisposed situation. She was battling with life for want of food or water for many days. In the near room, decomposed body of Babu was hanging from the ceiling.
Police said Babu, a farm worker, seemed to have committed suicide three days back. He was living with mother Ammini for last two years, while his wife was away with another family member.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Bed-ridden Ammini did not have food for last three days. Police shifted her to a hospital.