An 88-year-old woman remained unattended for three days even as her only son’s body was found hanging in another room in the same house.
The incident was reported from Karukachal in Kottayam district on Wednesday.
Police said the local people of Kuthrappally near Karukachal in Kottayam went into the house after they were looking for the source of stench wafting in the area. The search took them to the house of the late Kutty Devasia, where his wife Ammini and son Babu, 48, were living.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Finding the house closed from inside, people informed the police, who broke open the house to see Ammini in an indisposed situation. She was battling with life for want of food or water for many days. In the near room, decomposed body of Babu was hanging from the ceiling.
Police said Babu, a farm worker, seemed to have committed suicide three days back. He was living with mother Ammini for last two years, while his wife was away with another family member.
Bed-ridden Ammini did not have food for last three days. Police shifted her to a hospital.