The UP police Friday claimed that the 20-year-old Meerut woman, who alleged she was gangraped and forcibly converted to Islam, went to Meerut medical college on July 23 accompanied by one Kaleem, who was listed in the hospital records as her husband.
The woman has alleged that she was gangraped and converted between July 23 and August 2. Addressing a press conference at Police Lines in Meerut on Friday evening, Senior Superintendent of Police Onkar Singh contradicted the woman’s claim that she was taken to a hospital in Muzaffarnagar by the main accused, Sanaullah, and underwent an operation there.
In Lucknow, Secretary (Home) Kamal Saksena also claimed that the investigation had found that the woman’s allegation that she was kidnapped was false. He said that according to records, the woman was admitted to Meerut medical college between July 23 and 27 — the same period during which she alleged she was abducted — with Kaleem, a resident of Kharkhoda area, listed as her husband.
The police have detained Kaleem and are interrogating him to ascertain his relationship with the woman. The SSP said that doctors had to operate on her as she was 45 days pregnant and her embryo was stuck in the fallopian tube. “This complication required immediate operation or the girl could have died,” he said.
In his complaint to the police on August 3, the woman’s father had said that she was first kidnapped by the village pradhan and three other people on July 23, gangraped and forcibly converted in a madrasa in Hapur. The woman, in her statement to the police the same day, had alleged that she was kidnapped for a second time and taken to a Muzaffarnagar madrasa, where she was kept confined for several days before she managed to escape.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
The police have neither denied nor confirmed whether the girl was gangraped in Muzaffarnagar. “I am only giving the information of what happened with the girl from July 23 to 27. She has alleged in the FIR and affidavit that she was gangraped on July 29,” he said. The police have so far arrested five persons in connection with the case and have issued a non bailable warrant against Sanaullah, who is still on the run.