The Bokaro district administration, as a precautionary measure, has tightened the security at Swang Gulgulia Dhoura village where a ten-year-old girl was allegedly raped by her neighbour on the directive of the Panchayat chief on Tuesday, police said.
IG of Police (Bokaro) Laxman Prasad Singh and Deputy Commissioner Uma Shankar Singh visited the village and directed the Superintendent of Police, the circle officer and the block development officer to camp there, besides deploying a police posse.
“It is not necessary, still police have been deployed as a precautionary measure,” the IG said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Three persons — identified as Swang Gulgulia Dhoura village Panchayat head Ghosal Pasi, the neighbour who allegedly committed the crime Nakabandi Pasi (25) and the minor girl’s brother were arrested in connection with the case after both the parties had filed FIRs.
According to the FIR filed on the girl’s complaint, the rape accused had allegedly entered her house in an inebriated state on Monday night and tried to molest her mother. But, her father beat him up and drove him out.
The next morning the accused went to the Panchayat and complained to Ghosal Pasi against the girl’s father, following which the panchayat was convened.
Both the families were present in the meeting in which Ghosal allegedly directed that the girl be raped to ‘avenge’ the assault of accused.
The accused then allegedly dragged the girl away into a bush, a few yards away from the panchayat venue, ignoring the cries of the victim’s mother and committed the crime, the FIR said.
An hour later the victim’s mother brought the girl, who was profusely bleeding, from the bush before the panchayat, it added.