Police have registered a case against TRS MP and daughter of Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao, K Kavitha, for her comments on Jammu and Kashmir and Telangana.
In July, speaking at the Indian Express Idea Exchange, Kavitha said “Jammu and Kashmir and Telangana were both forcefully and at the same time annexed to the Indian Union”.
Following which a complaint was filed against the Nizamabad MP by K Karunasagar, an advocate and the convener of the BJP’s city legal cell.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The case was registered two days back under Sections 124-A (sedition) and 505 (statements conducing to public mischief) of IPC following directions from a local court, said a South Zone police official.
A local court had last week directed police to investigate and file a case against Kavitha. A police official investigating the case said legal opinion is being sought on the matter for further action.
With PTI inputs