Moments after Narendra Modi was sworn-in, the PMO website was relaunched carrying his message to the nation. “As we devote ourselves to take India’s development journey to newer heights, we seek your support, blessings and active participation,” Modi said in his first message posted on the website.
The same efficiency in relaunching the PMO website was, however, lacking in other government websites such as the Cabinet Secretariat, which continued to display names of ministers of the UPA government before being subsequently changed to ‘page under updation’.
On http://www.pmindia.nic.in, a short profile of Modi was uploaded, which described him as a “dynamic, dedicated and determined” leader who “arrives as a ray of hope in the lives of a billion Indians”. It said his “laser focus on development and his proven ability” to deliver results have made him one of India’s most popular leaders.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
“Together we will script a glorious future for India. Let us together dream of a strong, developed and inclusive India that actively engages with the global community to strengthen the cause of world peace and development,” the message said.
Without naming the RSS, it said that from a young age, Modi “immersed himself in service to the nation”, working with “patriotic organisations”.
The website also has a sub-section on social media updates that displays messages from Modi’s Twitter handle and the PMO’s Twitter handle. The website also has a ‘wish the prime minister’ link that takes viewers to Modi’s website, a recent photo of Modi with his mother Hiraba, and his governance track record detailing this performance as Gujarat CM.