Moments after Narendra Modi was sworn-in, the PMO website was relaunched carrying his message to the nation. “As we devote ourselves to take India’s development journey to newer heights, we seek your support, blessings and active participation,” Modi said in his first message posted on the website.
The same efficiency in relaunching the PMO website was, however, lacking in other government websites such as the Cabinet Secretariat, which continued to display names of ministers of the UPA government before being subsequently changed to ‘page under updation’.
On http://www.pmindia.nic.in, a short profile of Modi was uploaded, which described him as a “dynamic, dedicated and determined” leader who “arrives as a ray of hope in the lives of a billion Indians”. It said his “laser focus on development and his proven ability” to deliver results have made him one of India’s most popular leaders.
“Together we will script a glorious future for India. Let us together dream of a strong, developed and inclusive India that actively engages with the global community to strengthen the cause of world peace and development,” the message said.
Without naming the RSS, it said that from a young age, Modi “immersed himself in service to the nation”, working with “patriotic organisations”.
The website also has a sub-section on social media updates that displays messages from Modi’s Twitter handle and the PMO’s Twitter handle. The website also has a ‘wish the prime minister’ link that takes viewers to Modi’s website, a recent photo of Modi with his mother Hiraba, and his governance track record detailing this performance as Gujarat CM.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016