Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s meeting with top bureaucrats in various ministries on Tuesday was put off following the death of Rural Development Minister Gopinath Munde.
Modi was to meet 79 Secretaries of various departments and ministries this evening to chalk out an action plan for his government for the next 100 days.
“The meeting has been called off. No new date has been intimated,” a source privy to the development said.
Munde died in a road accident here this morning.
Modi’s meeting with Secretaries was billed as the first ever meeting between a Prime Minister and top bureaucrats.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Official sources said the Prime Minister may list out his expectations and then ask Secretaries to detail their action plans.
The Cabinet Secretariat had earlier asked the Secretaries to prepare a 10-slide presentation for the Prime Minister listing success and failures of the past regime as well as points of action for the next five years.
Sources, however, said no presentation was planned for on Tuesday’s meeting and the Prime Minister was to have an interaction only with the Secretaries.
Besides clearing pending issues and decisions, the BJP government wants to accelerate economic growth by completing infrastructure projects in a time-bound manner, exploiting natural resources as well as increasing investment.