1.15 pm: We are interested in development and taking everyone together towards development: PM
1.12 pm: About 20 per cent people of Jammu and Kashmir are displaced, we will take all possible steps for their rehabilitation: PM
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
1.10 pm: We are interested in development and taking everyone together towards development: PM Modi
1.02 pm: The government at the Centre is committed to improving connectivity to Kashmir: PM Modi
1.00 pm: The patriotism of the people of Kargil inspires the people of India… I bow to this land and to the people, says PM.
12.57 pm: It is my privilege that I am able to come here and meet all of you in Kargil: PM.
12.55 pm: PM Narendra Modi inaugurates Chutak hydro-power station in Kargil.
12.30 pm: PM Modi arrives in Kargil.
11.37 am: Indian Armed Forces are suffering more casualties from terrorism than from war: PM
11.31 am: Prime Minister Narendra Modi condemns continuing proxy war by Pakistan. “Pakistan has lost the strength to fight a conventional war but continues to engage in proxy war of terrorism,” he says.
11.00 am: Govt planning special projects including large-scale organic farming for development of all Himalayan states: PM.
10.57 am: Govt will fight corruption with full strength and take along people fighting graft: PM
10.55 am: PM Modi announces funds for road connectivity to Jammu and Kashmir, says four major roads to be built in the state.
10.52 am: We will modernize the design and production of Pashmina shawls, says PM modi
10.50 am: We need to bring a saffron revolution and that is giving impetus to Kesar; special attention should be placed to farmers: PM
10.49 am: We must think afresh on the development of Himalayan states, says Narendra Modi in J&K
10.47 am: Development must be such that it positively transforms the lives of the common people: PM.
10.45 am: We are going to fulfil the dream of Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee: PM Modi.
10.40 am: There was a time when PMs never visited this state. I have come here two times already. Your affection draws me here: PM
10.35 am: I understand the problems people of this region face here…I also understand the strengths of the people, says PM during his Leh visit.
He was received at the airport by Jammu and Kashmir Governor N N Vohra, state Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, Army Chief General D S Suhag and other senior officials.
The PM also laid the foundation stone for the 349-km Leh-Srinagar transmission line.
Modi’s visit to Leh and Kargil–his second to Jammu and Kashmir after assuming office–is expected to touch on demands of locals in Leh and Kargil including employment generation and an assurance to take up with China and Pakistan respectively the issue of opening of Mansarovar road from Leh and re-opening of Kargil-Skardu road.
Leh town was all decked up to welcome the Prime Minister with hoardings erected at various places and BJP’s Lotus flag seen prominently at various traffic intersections.
(With PTI inputs)