Prime Minister Narendra Modi commended a positive and modern Rail Budget, which was presented by Union Railway Minister Sadanand Gowda in the Parliament on Tuesday.
Congratulating the Railway Minister for presenting a futuristic and growth oriented budget, the PM said the budget is a forward-looking ‘growth engine’, and will promote transparency abd integrity. “The Railway Budget is futuristic, growth-oriented and for the common people. It keeps in mind the development of India as it integrates the best of technology to benefit the common man,” Modi said.
Congratulations to the Railway Minister for presenting a futuristic & growth oriented budget. It is a budget for the common people.
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) July 8, 2014
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“This Budget shows where we want to take the railways and at the same time where we want to take India through the railways,” the official Twitter account of the Prime Minister tweeted.
The Prime Minister also said that the Rail Budget aspired for better service, speed and safety.
Presenting the Railway Budget, Gowda announced plans to introduce a bullet train in Mumbai-Ahmedabad sector and setting up of a Diamond Quadrilateral network of high speed rail connecting major metros and growth centres. Increasing the speed of trains to 160 to 200 kms per hour on nine select sectors was another highlight of the budget, which proposes to allow all experimental stoppages to lapse after September this year.
This Budget shows where we want to take the railways and at the same time where we want to take India through the railways:PM on Rail Budget — PMO India (@PMOIndia) July 8, 2014